Monday, July 28, 2008

So I'm watchin the 'Dark Knight' now and Heath Ledger is brilliant....no more words needed. Details later...AHH so here's my full thingy about the movie. Christian Bale..passable as Batman..Maggie Gyllenhaal is a waste in most movies..Aaron Eckhart is a good Two-Face, but Heath dead or alive killed the performance. Rarely do I see a movie where I don't see the actor, but here I forgot it was Heath for a while and just saw a sickeningly brilliant sociopath. I love these types of action films, because there's such an underlying psychological theme in almost all of them, and the whole good vs. evil thing was SUPER obvious here. I honestly wish Heath was alive so the Joker could get his own franchise. It was that amazing of a performance. Total surrender of self, and full absorption of character. He deserves the Oscar.

No comments: