Friday, December 4, 2009

Grammy Noms

We were going to a blogcast of this, but life gets in the way. Anyway we move on.

I'm mad for a few reasons. Kanye-snubbed. Whitney-snubbed. Beyonce-Overhyped. Maxwell-not hyped enough. And I have a few other issues really.

Female Pop Vocal- I don't think B. Spears is the greatest vocalist, but she dominated these categories when she first came out (at least with consistent nominations), but when she actually puts out decent music she doesn't get recognized?

Best New Artist- I don't care about Academy policies, like it or not, GaGa should've been nominated. And if Drake can get 2 rap nods, why not a BNA nod?

R&B Categories- Whitney should've been all up and through these categories (Album, Female), but as usual Beyonce's money gets her places she doesn't need to be. Good (albeit EXTRA surprising) look for Pleasure P (aka Marcus Cooper) on his 3 grammy nods. Did not see that happening. Brandy should've been nominated. Anyone who is smart knows she'll never win, but she definitely had material worth being nominated for.

Country- Carrie's "Carnival Ride" should've been nominated as an album, not just for "Just a Dream", but I can deal with that.

Rap- Kanye will go postal, and I actually think he has a right to. 808s was a lot better than half of the rap albums out now, despite it's leaning to emo-rock sound.

I'm sure there are other things that I could argue about, but I don't have the energy to review all the nominations. Maybe later.

No comments: