Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hit my heart....Ignite my brain

Time off from the blogosphere equals reflection and jumping back into the hustle of daily life. I need inspiration, if we're gonna be real. Things that make me reevaluate everything around me just a little bit more.

I bleed because I feel....and I live because I embrace the pain


"Hurt" Dirty Money ft. Drake.
It's Diddy, and he's not exactly the reincarnation of Tupac, but this song just kind of hit the right emotions at the right time. Love lost isn't an atypical thing to sing about, but the idea of loving someone more than you love yourself and letting it drain you was just a powerful ass concept that I couldn't get past. And the fact that the song has Dawn Richard (who has one of the most beautiful vocal tones I've heard in a while), Drake (yes, the hype for his official debut is still on one-hundred), and a dope instrumental combo (piano and drums, doesn't get better). It's a song that has to stay on repeat not just because it's dope, but because the vibe is on a deep level.

Kudos Dirty Money.

"Beautiful Bliss" Wale
To keep it real, I could've chosen a bunch of different Wale songs for this, because he's just that legit, but 'Beautiful Bliss' doesn't deal with love, loss, or pain, but it creates a desire for success. Basically, it's a story of what life is like at the top, and how good it feels to have busted your ass to get there. I most definitely can get with it. I do this for me and myself, and damn it feels tight. And Melanie Fiona and J.Cole go in on their parts of the songAttention Deficit is a painfully underrated album.

"Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)"- Alicia Keys
Co-written by the hip-hop prince of the moment, Drake, 'Un-Thinkable' is one of the standout tracks from Alicia's new album The Element of Freedom. It has to be a single, but the good songs never are, which is good, because sometimes the best stuff should stay hidden. Love is revisited again, but this time, it's not a fairytale. It addresses the uncertainty of falling in love,being hurt, and failing at it all, but being ready for the challenge. Vulnerability is not a bad thing, and Drake and Alicia knocked it out with this one.


Wieden_+Kennedy (one of my favorite ad agencies for a reason) have released one of the few commercial campaigns that I even pay attention to, much less attach any emotional meaning too. Americana pride, personal declarations, whatever you get out of it, it's interesting to me at least.

No comments: