Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Grammy's= Complete Irrelevancy

It's obvious people are only nominated based on popularity or because of bought votes. The whole show has been a joke for years now. Get it together Grammy voters.

Full Grammy Nominee List

*Katy Perry- Should've gotten best new artist, and that's about it. Pop Female is ridiculous to include her.
*Danity Kane- It's COMPLETELY obvious "Damaged" should've been nominated. I mean they were actually a pop group with a huge top 10 single. Gnarls Barkley? And "Apologize" by OneRepublic is ridiculously old.
*Maroon 5 and Rihanna- I mean the song wasn't even written as a duet. She just got on it, because she's a overexposed mediawhore, who is jumping on any song she can. M5's original version deserves a grammy, but not the version with Rihanna.
*Leona Lewis- No Best New Artist nom? Have they heard her voice? And she had a solid album, not to mention she's become a complete international star.
*Pink- "So What" was a good single, and I guess given the songs out in the past year, she deserves the nomination.
*Britney Spears- Honestly "Best Dance Recording" should be her category. It's the only place she'll see grammy gold (2005 "Toxic"). "Piece of Me" or "Break the Ice" are much more worthy than "Disturbia" by Rihanna.
*Beyonce- "Me, Myself, and I" It's 2008! That song was released in 2003! Are you seriously nominating it 5 years later? I feel like that shouldn't even be possible.
*Carrie Underwood- This is getting ridiculous. "Last Name" was a good single, but definitely not her strongest. It's like she's nominated just to be nominated, and not even with a song she has a shot at winning with. Wasted spot.
*Mariah Carey- Bottom line, the E=MC2 was not an amazing album, but she definitely deserved a nomination for at least "Bye Bye" or "Best Contemporary R&B". I mean J. Holiday over her? WTF.

Happy Spots- Jazmine Sullivan is doing the damn thing. Congrats on her 5 nominations!
And big congrats to Janelle Monae for getting nominated for "Many Moons"
Semi happiness for Ne-Yo. For some reason as talented as he is, I just have never seen Grammy's for him, at least not on the vocal side. But congrats to him.

Now let's hope they televise the major awards in every category, and not present them in bullshit side ceremonies.

3 comments:

Al said...

yeah i pretty much agree with everything you said...

except..my friend interned at radio one..and Jazmine Sullivan is a huge, super rude bitch. she gets no love from me.

that is all.

Anonymous said...

I kno im late, but this is my 2 cents:
*I think its RIDICULOUS that Jazmine Sullivan got that many noms...shes ok, but 5 noms, really? defintly shoulda been less..

*Me, Myself and I? I seriously hope thats like a typo or somethin bcuz thats just plain crazy

*Yea im pretty surprised that Katy Perry is in Best New Artist over Leona...and u kno im not a hugh fan of Leona but the girl has a great voice

*And it pisses me off abt the M5/Rihanna nom...it was clearly a great song without her..ugh
*Poor Danity Kane..enough said

SONDRA @ CHIC CHOCOLATE said...

Truthfully, I ain't feeling none of these people! The Grammy's ain't been the same in about 10 years. I don't even watch it anymore. Good post, though!