Monday, December 1, 2008

For The Record...

Britney Spears is misunderstood. Maybe I'm one of the few that really gives her sympathy, and it's not even because I like her music, or even her as a person. I guess it's because we live in a world where it's too easy to believe anything we hear. It really sucks to live life with people out in the internet world diagnosing you saying you've done this drug, you have this issue, when they know nothing. Because a 'source' said something obviously doesn't make it true. But whatever. I just think she can't ever catch a break.

On to the show.

The documentary was done brilliantly. From filming to editing, to the background music, this almost didn't feel like it should be on MTV. It was so raw and artificial, and a refreshing change from MTV 'reality' TV. For all of the nitpickers who say she didn't go into enough detail about her struggles, all I have to say is would you really spill your deepest secrets to the world? Didn't think so. She surprised me with her ability to take stock of the last few years of her life, and her mental awareness contradicted all the stories about her being so completely out of it. I don't even think I could assess the doc in a normal way, because her life is so unnatural. But the video showed her in the best way she could be shown now. She's healing, and growing, and all the fuzzy stuff. I think she's ready to go back to her old life, hopefully with a stronger psyche.

Maybe the crazy masses will give her peace.
She's human.
Circus is the best description of her life.

No comments: