Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's still cold out, right?

December's only halfway over, and it's still going to be cold for a little bit, so I guess awkward sweaters/sweatshirts are okay to pull out now. And I don't mean homemade sweaters, unless you're dad is Ralph Lauren.

Before I go on, I really want to say that NOT EVERY FLANNEL/PLAID SHIRT SHOULD BE WORN! I hope I was clear. I realize it's back in style now, but I believe that these shirts don't look good in half the colors they're being sold in (Neon Green? Really?), so people need to be careful. Especially the ones with the bigger pockets. This is especially true for smaller built guys. They make you look like you're drowning in your shirt, especially the people who stay buying a size larger than what they should. The big white tee phenomenon should be left to tees.

Now let's move on.

Lee Hawk 2

Know1edge- Lee Hawk 2 Button Up Shirt ($59)
I like the shirt. It's simple and exactly what a flannel shirt should be. It's in a normal color. I will NOT pay $59 for this for those exact reasons. It's too normal to cost that much. I'll look some other places or sit down and wait for a sale. It's not worth it.

Eagle Flannel

AE- Eagle Flannel ($39.50)
Okay, this would be in my closet already, and most likely will be soon. My style, my price. I just need AE people to STOP wearing those pinstripe shirts that look dumb without a suit everyday. It's not cool. You just look like you didn't finish dressing.

All-Son Algiers Shirt

Urban Outfitters- All-Son Algiers Military Shirt ($40)
Yes, it's another black shirt. But I think it looks like crap in the other 'Fatigue' and 'Sand' colors. Another classic shirt made fly by the epaulets (shoulder thingys). So yea. It works.

Raglan Sweater

AE-Raglan Crew Sweater ($40)
Honestly, I'd rather have one of these, a jacket, and go on about my life. It shouldn't be a task to get dressed in the winter. Especially when chances you won't take your jacket off if you're like me. Plus if your jacket is bangin, would you even want to take it off? lol. But this sweater is great, and just throw a white or black plain tee on underneath.
Waffle Crew shirts ($24.50)AE Waffle Crew are an even better idea if you want a lighter shirt for layering.

AE Striped Hoodie

AE-Stripe Full-Zip Hood ($60)
Just a regular hoodie, but if you're going to wear a striped hoodie under your coat, wear a solid color jacket (or something without a lot of patterns). You'd think that be common sense, but I've seen some bullshit out here. And make sure the colors are complimentary also, especially when you're dealing with patterns. People out here lose their minds sometimes.

AE
Urban Outfitters
Karmaloop

No comments: